We are building features for the Women Who Code community and we want to highlight that work with our stakeholders, you! THANK YOU to our contributors for dedicating their valuable time to help us build tech a place where women can excel.
You can follow all of our work on github. Below are a few snippets of our awesome features.
We made a lot of exciting updates to WomenWhoCode.com during our sprint this week, including:
Allow Users to Join Networks
- We created a new route and controller action to let a user "join" a Network, which means that the Network will appear on their profile page.
Update Plans in Seeds
- We replaced existing Plan constants with generic constants using the *-TIER naming function. This means that future updates to plan names will require less refactoring. We then updated the seed file with plans and perks and updated the affected tests.
Updated Donate Email
- We replaced the email address on the donate page with firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue Visible on Network Page
- We added a new boolean option for venue_visible, which allows people posting events to set whether the location of the event will be visible to the public.
Add Google Metadata to Blog Index and Posts
- We added two JSON-LD .jbuilder files to communicate metadata to Google for the blog index and individual blog posts, based on schema.org schemas.
Our repo is private, yet running under an open source license. Instead of pointing to issues and PRs, we are including a screenshot of what our weekly pulse looks like.
Existing website contributors, please check out our pulse!
Potential website contributors, please email email@example.com with your GitHub username to get started. It's built in Ruby on Rails + React + Postgresql.
To submit feedback, comments or questions email firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to hear from you.
Join our User Research Team! Be the first to check out all of the great products that we are building and have your voice heard from the earliest stages of development.